- 2/1/2015 - Kaiser Bowls Friday - NEW RELEASE
Ref. No.: 23635 SOLD ** Price: $2800 ** Size: 30" x 40" ** Inspiration: I enjoy painting at Kasier Bowls because of the activity in the area, and not always in the water. Despite the distractions, I tend to focus more on my work as everything else becomes white noise. Usually there is a color note of red with Mondo's Catamaran anchored just offshore, but he is leasing it to another company for now.
- 2/1/2015 - Hula Dancers #2 - NEW RELEASE
Ref. No.: 23636 ** Price: $3300 ** Size: 36" x 48" ** Inspiration: Hula Dancers #2 is a painting that shows the multi ethic race that make up the Hula troupe. I enjoy the figure as I have been drawing from the figure since High school. It's time to revisit this series.
- 2/1/2015 - Colorful Cliffs Of Makapu'u - NEW RELEASE
Ref. No.: 23637 ** Price: $3300 ** Size: 36" x 48" ** Inspiration: As I painted Colorful Cliffs of Makapu'u, I brought it back to the studio to touch up, and of course, a painting is never done, just abandoned, so I enhanced it. To grow in your painting you have to risk ruining it.
- 2/1/2015 - Hala Tree - NEW RELEASE
Ref. No.: 23638 ** Price: $2800 ** Size: 36" x 36" ** Inspiration: The Hala tree painting received a naturalistic style treatment, and it was easy to because of the subtle lighting on the 1st day of a 2-day paint out. But the 2nd day was intense, and revived it with light.
- 2/1/2015 - Punahou School Chapel - NEW RELEASE
Ref. No.: 23639 SOLD ** Price: $2800 ** Size: 36" x 36" ** Inspiration: I did the painting of the Punahou School Chapel on location at the Manoa campus. I have done several versions of this and the most fun I had doing it was when I did a demo for the Rainbow and Koi class (Kindegarten and 1st graders). I started the painting with paper towels instead of brushes and it sold at the Punahou carnival 2014.
- 2/1/2015 - Asian Garden At The Honolulu Museum Of Art - NEW RELEASE
Ref. No.: 23640 SOLD ** Price: $3600 ** Size: 36" x 36" ** Inspiration: The Asian Garden has always been a favorite subject and I obtained permission to paint in the garden from Vince Hazen of the Honolulu Musuem of Art school. I did it in two sittings and I will use this as a springboard to do other paintings in the gardens and the Museum.
- 2/1/2015 - Tongan Choir - NEW RELEASE
Ref. No.: 23641 ** Price: $3300 ** Size: 36" x 48" ** Inspiration: I witnessed the Tongan Choir performing at the Kapiolani Bandstand and the colors the singers wore matched the quality of their voices in unison. I did this painting from a photo reference I took.
- 2/1/2015 - Kualoa Mountains - NEW RELEASE
Ref. No.: 23642 SOLD ** Price: $1400 ** Size: 15" x 45" ** Inspiration: I was very faithful to the Kualoa Mountains in my painting which I did on location at Kauloa Beach Park. As I brought it back into the studio, it needed more so I enhanced it with a palette knife adding more textures and colors.
- 2/1/2015 - Tamashiro Market - NEW RELEASE
Ref. No.: 23643 ** Price: $1400 ** Size: 24" x 36" ** Inspiration: Standing opposite of Tamashiro Market on King Street, I painted this painting in 2 sessions. I recorded all the information with my brush but I needed to enhance it in the studio. I also needed to unify by graying it, and as I did, it would age the painting or dumb it down (that's a good thing) because Tamashiro
- 2/1/2015 - Halona Blow Hole - NEW RELEASE
Ref. No.: 23644 ** Price: $2600 ** Size: 30" x 40" ** Inspiration: Halona was done in one sitting. There were times when the energy was flowing in me from the crashing surf to the rocks and it doesn't stop there, it was as if it was IV'd into my veins and I just transferred it to canvas. I have done ocean scenes before when the surf is small and so was it's presence, but I learn just the same.
- 2/3/2015 - Punahou School: Carnival - Available Featured Hawaii Art Images Posted
10 brand new images added to Mark N. Brown Hawaii Art collection for
- 2/6/2015 - Mark N. Brown Hawaii Art Available at Punahou School Carnival Art Gallery 2015
Mark is proud to have 10+ Hawaii art images feature at the Punahou School Carnival Art Gallery. Stop by and see great art available for the community.
- 2/12/2015 - Hawaii Artist Mark N. Brown Plein Air Painting January 2015 Photos
Mark Brown loves Plein Air painting. View multiple photo of Hawaii artist Mark N. Brown in action.
- 2/12/2015 - Mark N. Brown To Represent Oahu At Maui Plein Air Painting Invitational (MPAPI) 2015
Mark N. Brown is proud to be selected to represent Oahu at the world renown Maui Plein Air Painting Invitational (MPAPI) event. This week long art event is held in Lahaina on Maui, Hawaii. It is always held the week including President's Day. The 10th annual event will be held Saturday, February 14 through Sunday, February 22, 2015.
- 2/13/2015 - Hawaii Art Artist Newsletter WINTER 2015 - Plein Air Artist Mark N. Brown
This issue features art tip, special events, special offers, new art, photos and much more...
- 2/13/2015 - Hawaii Business Magazine Wall Mural Article - Featuring Hawaii Artist Mark N. Brown - February 2015
Great article in Hawaii Business Magazine (February 2015 issue) featuring Hawaii Artist Mark N. Brown wall murals painting and services.
- 2/22/2015 - Mark Brown Wins Award At 2015 Maui Plein Air Painting Invitational (1 Honorable Mention Irvine Museum - Teal)
What makes the award special is that Jean Stern has been the judge for the 10 years of the show and she is also the director of the Irvin Museum that showcases the best of plein air art from the past in history books. Click on link to view details and other winners.
- 2/1/2015 - Halona Blow Hole - NEW RELEASE
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
Like Our Facebook